Saturday, January 19, 2013

The First Log On the Fire

Here are some things you should know about me at the outset. My faith begins with the conviction that God is real, not just something that happens somewhere inside my brain. I know God personally through a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ, that began with my baptism as a little baby in a church basement in Two Harbors, Minnesota. Yes, God was at work in my life before I could possibly know anything at all about what that meant. That relationship has changed my life and continues to do so. I feel called to share my experience with others and to provide a place where others can share their experiences with me and the other readers of this blog. Many of my contributions will be revisions of the sermons I preach weekly in the interdenominational worship services at Sierra Winds, a life care community for seniors in Peoria, Arizona. My goal is that my posts will be thought-provoking and based on the biblical witness to the life and teaching of Jesus. Your comments are invited and encouraged. I can assure you that I will read them all and respond whenever I feel like doing so. My earnest wish is for us to explore together just how "The Way" of Jesus translates into who we are and what we're called to do at this time in our lives.

Grace and peace to you all. Stay warm, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment